Tuesday, May 10, 2011

3

Days until I present my WISE Project.

It's safe to say, I'm dreading counting down the days, hours, minutes, seconds, and whatever form of time comes after that, to my presentation.

Friday, May thirteenth, twenty-eleven. Sixth Period. Eleven-Oh-Eight AYE-EM.

Of course I had to choose my date to be Friday, The 13th right?

Looking back on the whole WISE experience, I think I have some mixed emotions.

a.) Did I enjoy WISE? Sure I did. I liked being able to do my own thing and really try to work out what I wanted to do as a career to see if it's what I wanted. But WISE was also stressful, and things with the NCN didn't exactly ever get going and no one was there to assist me with MSGVarsity...

b.) Did I learn anything from WISE? Sure I did. I learned that sports reporting might not be what I'm best suited for. There were some days where I just really didn't feel like pumping out a new story or sitting on the computer writing an article on something that's already been reported and is old news. I guess I felt this way because I'm still just a high school kid and unlike the reporters in the professional world, I don't have the sources to inside news and rumors that they do. So everything that I did was after they had provided the information in their own pieces.

c.) What would I give myself in WISE? An 85. I know that I've been doing this blog since last year, but I don't feel as though I ever had the motivational fire lit underneath me to really grab this course by the horns. I realized that my presentation is going to be very tough, seeing as it's journalism, and that there isn't much I could do to present other than show off this blog and its over 250 entries. Hopefully ya'll will appreciate all the work that I put in to this blog and see that journalism isn't as easy as it seems.

With two full days left, let's hope I can get something else together.

Well, here goes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment