Thursday, September 22, 2011

First Show in the Books!

What a debut.

As many of you know, I got involved with WIUX Sports 99.1 FM student radio a few weeks ago and was given the title of producer for the morning sports talk show "Excessive Celebration," with Mike Lascola and Jay Hillman. As a producer, I work the soundboard. I control the mics, volume levels, telephone, and commercial breaks songs, PSAs and jingles.

Today we had our first show, which you can hear every Thursday from 10-11 AM on wiux.org by simply clicking on the "click here for the live stream" button, and it went great.

We kicked off the show with NFL football and eased our way into some college football, which took up the first half of our show. Our second half was devoted to MLB baseball, where we talked about the playoff races, predictions, awards, and much more. Luckily, my hosts let me talk and let me do the baseball segment with them, which I appreciated and was more than elated to talk about.

Overall, it went great. Except for a few technical bluffs (like some dead air, grr) it was a great experience and I'll only get better. Can't wait to do it again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment