Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting involved with WIUX, IUSTV and more.

I'm finally starting to live out that dream.

This past week, I've attended two meetings: one for IUSTV, Indiana University's student-run television station, and one for WIUX, which is IU's student-run radio station. I've filled out applications for both and I'm hoping to get some responses soon enough.

For IUSTV, I, along with my co-partner Kody Gilliland, applied to be a part of Hoosier Sports Nite. Hoosier Sports Nite is a sports show that focuses on IU's school sports. Like a typical sports broadcast, there are interviews, analysis, highlights, and sometimes streams of live games. While I'm not too big into the whole television thing (as most of you know), I figured it'd still be a smart idea to get involved.

For WIUX, I filled out an application with Kody to try to get our own sports-talk show on the radio. WIUX isn't just a sports radio, they also carry music, news, talk-shows and more on the station. It's great because you can be involved with more than one station and even DJ on some of them. However, for me it's all about sports. Kody and I brainstormed some ideas for our show on what we would talk about, who we would interview, how we would operate, etc. After that, I filled out the app and sent it in earlier than it was required in the hopes of getting our show on the air as soon as possible.

In other news, I'm loving college. The opportunities here are endless, I've got some great friends, and now I'm starting to get involved in what I want to do. It's been great so far.

How about them Yankees? They've been on a roll huh (despite losing these last two soggy-games, eh)? Jesus Montero has been en fuego of late and has really been a spark for this team. So I'm asking you guys: do you think that Jesus Montero will make the playoff roster as the starting DH? Leave your responses in the comments.

Talk to you all soon, about to grab some grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment