Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Journal Entry: Day 3

Today I met with Mr. Lombardi from MSGVarsity after school in the Mac Lab. We were planning out dates during the spring that myself and my MSG partner, Anthony Minaici, would go and videotape/broadcast/publicize sporting events for spring athletics.

In addition to learning the new formats around the new MSGVarsity Somers site, as well as the new "uploader from home" feature, Mr. Lombardi and I had some time to discuss my current state in the WISE process.

I told him about my plans, and how I had already started doing some work and research to prepare for an article to have published. I haven't fully decided yet, but Mr. Lombardi suggested it should be an article done on local athletics, meaning school sports. While I agreed (on the fence) I still feel as thought my greatest strength would be writing about pro-sports. Mr. Lombardi also gave me the email address of the sports editor of the North County News. While this isn't exactly the paper I'm thinking of, (I'm shooting for bigger things) it could prove to be a good starting point. I'm looking forward to, in the coming days, putting the research info together and doing a draft of an article to publish. All I need is to decide whether it'll be local sports or pro-sports. I'm satisfied at where I'm at and looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment