Thursday, February 17, 2011

Journal Entrys: Day 6 & 7

Intimidating, I know.
Happy Thursday everyone!

Yesterday I walked into the library and saw copies of the school's newspaper, The Tusker Times, stacked near the librarian's desk. It was the first edition published this year, and I was hopeful that the sports article on the San Francisco Giants' World Championship (from October, sheesh, and it was just published) would be still featured. Sure enough, there it was, smack dab in the center of the sports section. While I was annoyed at some of the edits the editors had made (there were grammar mistakes that they made, also they messed with the flow of some sentences), I don't really have any power over it. I was just glad it was in the paper.

Today, I saw Mr. Murphy in the hallway for a brief couple of minutes and asked whether I should scan the article in the computer to post on the blog (be on the lookout). After being granted permission, we talked about emailing the editor of the North County News, which I plan to do in the upcoming days. Everything it truly going to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment