Friday, March 4, 2011

Journal Entry: Day 11

Yesterday I met with Dr. Hardy, my other mentor besides Mr. Lombardi. We talked, and on Monday we're going to have another meeting about getting this thing started. I'm still not sure what I want to write for the article. I'm thinking something baseball related, seeing as the season is almost upon us. We're what, four games in to spring training? So it's sure to be exciting. Anyway, things have been crazy busy lately and I've been slacking a little on getting a baseball post about preseason predictions and what not up. It'll be up soon enough, but I'll offer a little preview of what I think the standings will end as (no bias included) * indicates wild card:

2011 Standings Predictions

AL East
1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox*
3. Tampa Bay Rays
4. Baltimore Orioles
5. Toronto Blue Jays

AL Central
1. Chicago White Sox
2. Minnesota Twins
3. Detroit Tigers
4. Kansas City Royals
5. Cleveland Indians

AL West
1. Texas Rangers
2. Oakland Athletics
3. Los Angeles Angels
4. Seattle Mariners

NL East
1. Philadelphia Phillies
2. Atlanta Braves
3. New York Mets
4. Florida Marlins
5. Washington Nationals

NL Central
1. Milwaukee Brewers
2. Cincinnati Reds
3. Chicago Cubs
4. St. Louis Cardinals
5. Pittsburgh Pirates
6. Houston Astros

NL West
1. Colorado Rockies
2. San Francisco Giants*
3. San Diego Padres
4. Los Angeles Dodgers
5. Arizona Diamondbacks

Just my two cents.

Also, it's looking more and more - now with Francisco Cervelli's injury - that Jesus Montero will make the Yankees' roster as the back-up catcher. However, with Russell Martin still ailing from off-season knee surgery, I think he has a chance to be the starter. Check that out.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about sports, but you seem to know your stuff. By the way A-Rod is Terrible and the Yankees in my opinion are slightly overrated, I would like to hear your feedback on this matter via email thank you. Your blog looks great and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete