Saturday, March 12, 2011

Journal Entry: Day 12 and No More Football?

So on Thursday I met with my other mentor, Dr. Hardy.

Debz, Dr. H, Dr. Hardy is my guidance counselor. When I asked her if she'd be my mentor she was more than willing to help me out. This was my first meeting with her, seeing as all my other meetings were with Mr. Lombardi. We discussed what I'm doing right now and everything is going steadily as planned. I'm already aware that I'm going to pass WISE for the year, but it's the final presentation that I've got to get goin' on about. Other than that, it's all good in the hood.

Anyone hear this? The NFL is heading to a lockout. Failure, after failure, after failure, after failure to reach a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) the league is heading for a lockout. There will be no trades, free agency is up in the air, and there may not be a season next year. Several players, lead by Tom Brady (New England Patriots) and Eli Manning (New York Giants) are suing the NFL because of the lockout.

"We are locked out," union president and former player Kevin Mawae wrote in a text message to The Associated Press. "We were informed today that players are no longer welcome at team facilities. (ESPN)

"We're discouraged, we're frustrated, we're disappointed, but we are not giving up. We know that this will be resolved in the negotiation process," Pash said. "We will be prepared to come back here any time the union is ready to come back here." (ESPN)

So, will there be football?

Let's throw a poll up today. Leave your comments in the comments section below.

Who will win the Yankees' last two rotation spots?

Ivan Nova & Freddy Garcia
Ivan Nova & Bartolo Colon
Ivan Nova & Sergio Mitre
Freddy Garcia & Bartolo Colon
Freddy Garcia & Sergio Mitre
Sergio Mitre & Bartolo Colon

1 comment:

  1. Do you possibly think that this problem with the NFL will affect next season or will this problem be solved relatively soon?

    ReplyDelete