Sunday, May 23, 2010

5/22 A busy day: Track meet, Mo's New York Grill, Yankees/Mets and more

Wow, talk about a busy day. Sorry everyone for not being able to post regularly. Hope after I explain why you'll understand...

On Wednesday, my Mother booked reservations for my family and my good friend Danny at Mariano Rivera's New York Grill on Saturday (which was today) for my birthday. The reservations were for 7:00 PM. Why do I tell you this? Here's why...

This morning I had Sectionals for track. I woke up at 7:55 this morning. The bus was scheduled to leave at 8:00. Seeing the time, I jumped out of bed, ran into my parents' bedroom, woke them up, threw on my uniform and got to my school at 8:07, luckily with the bus still there. We didn't end up leaving until 8:32. Soon after that, we arrived at Byram Hills High School, where the meet was held. My first event, discus, was scheduled for a 9:30 start. I was DEAD tired. I only threw 56 feet in discus and 23 feet in shot put. Did I mention when the meet ended? Oh, let's say 5:15-ish. That's right folks, 9 hours. After frantically calling my parents, begging them to pick me up, I ultimately ended up staying the entire meet, putting our reservations in jeoperdy. Freaking out, my father changed the reservations to 7:30 PM. I got on the track bus, got to the school at 5:53 PM, had my Dad pick me up, got home, showered, and was dressed by 6:17 PM. We were ready to go. Then we had to wait till 6:45 PM for my Mother to finish getting ready to go to the restaurant. We finally left the house at 6:52 PM, en route to picking up my friend Danny. To make a long story short, we drove all the way up to New Rochelle and arrived at 7:31 PM. We had dinner (which I'll review later) and left the restaurant at 9:43 PM. After a hectic car ride, we got home around 10:15 and I had a conversation with my Dad which lasted about two hours. Now I sit here, tired as hell, and writing this to update my blog. I'd say I'm pretty dedicated.

Review of Mo's New York Grill:
Wow. You couldn't ask for a better place to celebrate your birthday. The food was fantastic, the service was great, and they had the Yankee game on. What more could you ask for? The restaurant was really eye opening. There must have been over 100 pictures of current and former Yankees hanging everywhere. I spent literally 10 minutes looking at every wall to see which players I recognized and to see what Mo had used to decorate his restaurant. It was an amazing restaurant, and great for any Yankee fan! The food was amazing, like I said above. I ordered the Filet Mignon and boy, was that good. I would've ordered two had it not been so expensive. Talk about cutting like butter. It was the best steak I think I've ever had. I highly reccommend going to Mo's.

Somers beats Nyack 19-0 to advance to second round of LAX playoffs
Wow, talk about a game. Somers wrecked them.

New York Mets - 5 (21-23), New York Yankees - 3 (26-17)
WP - Mike Pelfrey (6-1)
LP - Phil Hughes (5-1)
SV - Francisco Rodriguez (7)
HR: none
Sloppy, sloppy game by the Yanks. They had plenty of opportunities to score with men in scoring position and no out, but continuously couldn't hit the ball out of the infield. As for Phil Hughes, he pitched another straight shaky outing. I don't think this will be a long term issue though. The Mets? They capitalized on hanging pitches. What a game for Jason Bay, with 4 hits tying a career high. The last game takes place tomorrow at 8:05 on ESPN as CC Sabathia takes the ball for the Yanks and opposes Johan Santana for the Mets.

NBA PLAYOFFS
Boston Celtics - 94, Orlando Magic - 71
Celtics takes 3-0 series lead.

NHL PLAYOFFS
Philadelphia Flyers 3, Montreal Canadiens - 0
Flyers take 3-1 series lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment