Monday, May 31, 2010

Fan Poll decision: Roy Oswalt will end up with Yankees

How you all voted:
Yankees - 4
Nationals - 3
Mets - 2
Cardinals - 1
Braves - 0
Rangers - 0
Twins - 0

This was a close vote!

While most Yankee fans would love to see Oswalt in pinstripes, it really doesn't look like it's going to happen. The Yankees are happy with their current rotation and appear ready to sign Cliff Lee as a free agent and use money instead of dealing prospects such as Jesus Montero for Oswalt. It's been reported recently that the Astros are not ready to deal Oswalt. Teams such as the Texas Rangers, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and Detroit Tigers have been named as some favorites to land the ace pitcher.

As much as I want Oswalt, I don't think the Yanks need him. Pettitte, Hughes, Sabathia and Burnett have been great so far, and I don't see a way to fit Oswalt in. As well, NL pitchers usually have difficulty transferring to the AL, so I think it's best to be cautious of how Oswalt would perform. Lastly, I'd prefer not giving up Jesus Montero for an old pitcher, case and point.

If you voted for the Nationals, I'd like to know why! Please leave a comment or drop me a message!

We'll just have to wait until July 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment