Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Marcus Thames! Walk-off Homerun! Return of the pie! Yankees win!


Wow.

I literally just walked away from the computer to watch the game after A-Rod's homerun and sat down with my Dad after Cervelli got hit. Marcus Thames came to the plate against Jonathan Papelbon, who already had given up a game tying homerun.

I looked at my Dad and said: "How much you wanna bet Marcus takes the first pitch and bombs one?"

Marcus, you didn't let me down.


Yankees win, 11-9. A Yankee classic, and a 4 hour game (I love how this happened right after I published that post on the game's longevity haha)

New York Yankees - 11 (25-13), Boston Red Sox - 9 (19-20)*
W - Javier Vazquez (2-4)
L - Jonathan Papelbon(1-3)
SV - None
HR: (BOS) J.D. Drew (6), David Ortiz (7), Kevin Youkilis (6), Victor Martinez 2 (5)
(NYY) Alex Rodriguez (5), Marcus Thames (2)

So Javy Vazquez comes in to face one batter and gets the W. Well, at least he finally got a win. What a crazy game.

See it all here:




*The Red Sox woes continue, back under .500. Just the way we Yankee fans like it. Very nice!

PhotoCred: http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2010/05/marcus_thames_treats_yankees_t.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2010/05/17/2010-05-17_jonathon_papelbon_blows_save_as_alex_rodriguez_and_marcus_thames_hit_ninth_innin.htm
l

No comments:

Post a Comment