Saturday, May 15, 2010

Welcome to the SportsSpot!

Hello all! Greetings and welcome to the first ever SportsSpot blog post!
As you can see thi-
Oh! Where are my manners?
My name is Josh Handszer and I am a junior at Somers High School in Westchester, New York. I love sports, from baseball to hockey. Sports is my love and passion. I live and BREATHE sports! From an early age I began to familiarize myself with statistics, player names, positions and more leading up to advanced knowledge of sports. My favorite sport is baseball. I love to write about sports and perform color commentary. I am currently a sports writer for my school's newspaper "The Trunkline" and I am also involved in an internship with MSGVarsity, where I provide insight for my school's teams and act as a color commentator for my school's baseball team where I work with Mike Rossilo.
Sports journalism is a career I want to pursue and one that I envision myself being involved with. It is my dream to be a sports writer and to travel the country, meeting new people and players, gaining knowledge and being able to share my thoughts and words with the world. I dream about working for ESPN, The Journal News, or the Daily News. This is my personal blog to share my dreams and sports knowledge with you! Through my blog I will provide you with up to date sports news on all major sports! Feel free to contact me through blogger, facebook, twitter, or anyway else! I love criticism and advice and would love to talk with you about anything sports! Thank you for reading my blog and helping me make my dream possible!

- Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment